Monday, January 30, 2012

One Layer Wednesday 76


Okay, okay....I know that this is the third version of this card, but.......

Somewhere in my blog stalking travels I came upon Lisa's awesome blog titled I'm in Haven .

While visiting Lisa's blog, I discovered Simplicity, hosted by the talented Susan Raihala, the master of clean and simple!  Susan has taken the time to post several step-by-step, no nonsense, learning tutorials.  You really, REALLY have to pay her blog a visit!

So while there, I discovered yet another challenge - One Layer Wednesday 76.  Grey, white and a pop of color on a one layer card.  Hence, my third version. 

I inked up my stamp (Inkadinkado) with two colors - base layer was Basic Grey with Bordering Blue tapped gently on top (Basic Grey alone was too dark).  My 'pop of color' is the two wee aqua colored pearls on each side of the sentiment.  I wanted to keep the 'pop' somewhat subdued as this is a sympathy card.

....I promise there won't be a fourth version!

No comments:

Post a Comment