Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Retro Sketches #3




Retro Sketches..."Where every sketch is a blast from our past!"

What ????

Yes, a new sketch challenge blog that is growing faster than a grass fire in a wind storm!  Seriously, you have got to check it out here: 


Arielle, Jackie, Casia & Lori have teamed up to create one of the most happenin' blogs!  The numbers of entries is soaring with each new sketch.  It is no wonder though, with the inspirational creations posted by this amazing DT !

I missed sketch #1 and #2 (life got in the way) but am happy to be able to play along this week.

Our son's 32nd birthday is coming up (April 1st.....yes, a fitting day for his arrival) so a truly manly card was in order.  Just for the record, I had him when I was only 2 years old, so that puts me at a young 34......... I wish!!!

Eric hunts, fishes, camps, has a huge husky cross dog, drives a diesel 4 x 4, is a Journeyman Red Seal Certified Carpenter and has dead animals hanging on his walls so obviously, pastel poof would not work here!

A few rivets, some black cording, lots of distressing, simple sentiment, black/brown color combo......done!

Happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Geri! I think I'll be 34 years young along with you!!! I have grown children too and I don't really like to remember how old they are! LOL! I love your masculine card! The way you have the twine going through the fasteners is so cool! Thanks for playing along with us at Retrosketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geri, this is a totally awesome card! LOVE the colors and the hardware! Thank you so much for supporting us & playing along with RetroSketches this week!

    ReplyDelete