Monday, June 25, 2012

Play Date Cafe Challenge #137





How is this for a snappy color combo?

This is actually my first time playing along with a Play Date Cafe Challenge.   I see so many beautiful entries to their challenges while I am touring my favorite blogs but have never found the time to play along. 

... until today when I visited Lisa's blog (I'm in Haven) and was so inspired by her amazing card.  I decided that the yard work can wait until tomorrow as I had more important things to do.

Alas, my hands were working faster than my brain!  It was one of those 'Aha moments' when I realized  that the color blue is intended as a splash of color.  Well my splash is pretty much the whole gallon!

Head on over to their blog and join in on all the fun!

Thanks for stopping by today.  

Happy crafting!



7 comments:

  1. Well apparently a gallon is the perfect amount because this is a stunner! So striking Geri :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also loved Lisa's card - it may have scared me off playing this one! lol! Your card is beautiful - I like it better with a gallon than a splash! The crispness of your stamping and the font of your sentiment(s)are perfect. And that little added detail of the piercing adds a perfect amount of unexpected whimsy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might be a gallon, but it's just right - clean, simple, just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a striking, CAS creation, Geri! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness..your card caught my eye while glancing through the gallery...then I read your post and saw MY name...too funny and toooo sweet:)!! Your first time in this challenge...you go girl...you rocked it with this beautiful card:)!! LOVE the use of color, the simplicity and elegance...just lovely:)!! Hope you make time more often:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Geri, greetings from Northern Ontario. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete