Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Velveteen Stamping Technique in The CLASSroom




How cool is this technique?  Read on to find out how to create the velveteen look!


On my daily visit to The CLASSroom I was thrilled to find this fun  Velveteen Stamping Technique   the amazingly talented Karolyn Loncon from Paper Therapy.  Karolyn's clean and simple style has earned her many accolades - she was crowned a Stamping Royalty winner in 2011!

Check out Karolyn's card.....sweet eh?

Finished Project #1

Please refer to Karolyn's tutorial for full instructions as my card is an improvised version:

I did not have a suitable background stamp (I actually only have one background stamp and it is French script!) so I used a 2'" x 2" chevron stripe for my background....hence the 2" panel versus a full card!

Karolyn used stamps that have a good amount of solid space. Again, my supply was limited so thankfully this ancient SU set worked okay.  The tulip has a bit of a pattern on it so the chevron stripes are less noticeable than on the leaves.  

Don't you just love these Paper Smooches stamps that Karolyn used? She also has a hot tip on some great pigment ink..."No joke – this ink offers incredible coverage and a perfect image every single time!  I can’t imagine my crafting life without this ink – no craft room should be without it!".  Karolyn initially came across the Velveteen Stamping technique on Shari Carroll's blog a few months ago.

Just click on the links above for full instructions and to find out about more about the products that Karolyn used!

Happy crafting!







2 comments:

  1. OH EM GEE!! Geri, this is absolutely stunning! The color combo is brilliant and I can't believe you went to all the trouble to use your Stamp A Majig on that chevron pattern - you are amazing! I'm so happy that you were inspired by my tutorial over at the CLASSroom. The concept certainly wasn't mine - that Shari Carroll is one smart cookie. But I, too, enjoyed learning this technique and had fun trying different images. Thank you so much for all your kind words. I will most definitely be visiting you again - I've added your blog to my reader and will plan to visit often!! You are one talented chica! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I always love blues and greens together. I couldn't get the link to work, but am definitely interested in the technique, although also definitely too impatient to use pigment ink very often - I never leave it alone until it's dry and always end up with a smudge!

    ReplyDelete