Monday, November 5, 2012

OLW112 Song in My Heart



My inspiration was form the Christmas carol "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear" - specifically the line Peace on Earth, good will to men (hmmm....what about the women?)

I embossed the image (Scroll Tree - Denami Designs) with White Pearl embossing powder and added  nice bright magenta rhinestones.  The Peace sentiment (look close and you will see it) is a Making Memories rub-on. A bit odd to use black for a Christmas card but this beautiful stamp seemed to need a dark color to keep with the contemporary feel of the image.

Ardyth from Toronto, Ontario, Canada is hosting this week's challenge.  She is one amazing lady who oozes talent and creativity and has a genuine & sincere love of this craft that has captivated many of us who visit her  blog regularly.  You can find all the challenge details by visiting Ardyth at  Maskerade.  I can guarantee that you will be back to visit often!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Geri. I am SWOONING over this black card. Midnight Clear is right - your embossing is perfect - not a stray grain to be seen! This is just stunning - so elegant and modern and fantastic! And OMG, I just went back and actually read that last paragraph, so now I'm glowing like a Christmas tree myself. Thank you so much for all your kind words and support! And, of course, for playing along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love black cards! I think they're so grown up. This is a fabulous card, and those rich magenta rhinestones are the perfect bling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Geri ... love love love it ... from the black card to the perfect embossing, from the wonderful rich rhinestones to the perfect sentiment ... it's just beautiful! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete