Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Oahu and Kauai Pics

I promised that I would post a few pics of our recent holiday. The picture quality is not that great as we took our small Canon camera (didn't want to lug my nice camera around!).  More to follow in the next day or two...

The view from our balcony on Waikiki Beach.  The tall hotel on the far right (behind the pink building) is where we spent our honeymoon 35 years ago :)




Dinner Buffet at the Polynesian Cultural Center with our friends Liz & Rae (Dan & I are on the left)




Proof that "YES, I DID ZIP LINE!"... and lived to tell about it!
A bit of an Aaaaaagh before starting!




One of the nine lines




Look closely, that's me coming down !




Whale watching from our condo balcony in Kauai 
(impossible to catch a whale spouting with a camera!)


9 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing Geri!
    Looks as if you had a great time! You are a brave woman!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your vacation with us. Looks like you had a fabulous time and may I say you are braver than I am. I don't know if I am brave enough to zip line as I am afraid of heights. But it looks so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wonderful pic you look like your having a ball, and how brave are you for doing that. Thanks for sharing these, I'd love to go there, only hot country I would like to see, I'm a rain girl so Great Britain for me :):)..

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Sigh* How lovely and romantic, not to mention fun! I'd have been right behind you on that zip line laughing and probably hanging upside down! I could wake up to those views every morning. Thanks for posting these. Looks like you all had a great time. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I'd love to go - and good for you for ziplining! Great to see you all so happy and having such a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh how truly amazing, Geri ... the islands, the condo, the ocean, the zip-lining ... a fantastic array of wonderful moments! And to be able to see your honeymoon hotel ... so romantic! Just wondering ... were you about to go sip-lining with those drinks before (and maybe after) dinner?? Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. *sigh*
    Great pics of a beautiful place. Happy for you that you went, ziplined, lived to tell about it, and have wonderful memories to keep you going through a Canadian winter! I've never traveled for pleasure, only work, but I look forward to the day I'll be able to do so. I may not zipline though... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing, Gering!! I think it's so cool that you went back to where you mooned your honey!! And you zip-lined (insane)! And Dan is a cutey pie!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww, thank YOU so much for stopping by my blog! You are so sweet and your comments just made me smile all over! I'll be checking your blog regularly - it is a gem! So glad to have "met" you!

    ReplyDelete