Sunday, March 17, 2013

CASology Week 35 - Extraterrestrial





Why the "Congrats" sentiment you ask?  Our nephew just got his Driver's Licence (Yikes) so this card is for him.  This wee space guy actually reminds me of him - they both have that sweet impish grin :)

If you didn't have an absolute blast with this challenge, then please raise your hands. Yep - just as I expected...no hands!  The gals at CASology are 'out of this world' amazing with their creativity and ingenuity! 

You really do have to zip on over to CASology and check out the clever and creative interpretations of this week's cue card.

I found this little guy in the free coloring pages.  Printed him on several different colors, fussy cut and paper pieced him back together. The 'space buggy/flying saucer' is actually a metallic paper that looks really cool IRL.  The wee bit of exhaust is drawn in with a pencil...not that space vehicles would have exhaust but it created some nice movement.


12 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Love the image "grin" and that it is just so very fitting for the occasion!


    Thanks for popping in to say hiya on my blog too - have a great rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chuckle chuckle, Geri ... knew this was for a new driver when I first saw it ... it was the look on this little guy's face ... sheer happiness and freedom! PERFECT paper piecing ... the exhaust creates such a sense of movement (the almost imperceptible plasma type of course!)... such fun and positively galactically glorious! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got it - I figured he was driving and it would be perfect for a new driver. But I can't believe you paper pieced all that. Actually it's the fussy cutting that freaks me out - you obviously have very steady hands! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, I bet your nephew will love this, Geri! Fabulous paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Geri, what a great job on the paper piecing!! And I love the exhaust lines. It really does add movement. You are always so good at adding little details that really make a big difference. Your nephew is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. His grin is really cute and his vehicle rocks! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is paper pieced, wow, you are crazy precise with your scissors! I love this cute alien guy and the smoke coming from his spaceship! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzah!! This is the cutest thing ever. Such bright and fun colors. Great concept and great take on the challenge. You continue to amaze me girl! Will em in the morning. Happy Sunday. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. Him's so cute, Geri! I think it should say, "Erm ...?" on the front. That expression looks like he represents every male in the universe who doesn't stop and ask for directions and ultimately ends up hopelessly lost. I hope your nephew is from a new generation of males who ends that silliness! In the meantime, your wonderful alien looks just like my Mister, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfectly paper pieced Girlie! I love the hand drawn exhaust...awesome design. He's so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Geri, this little guy is just too darn cute, I want one at home just like him.

    ReplyDelete